Student Volunteer Program
Call for Student Volunteers
PASC18 is pleased to announce that submissions for the Student Volunteer Program are now open.
We are looking for enthusiastic students who are interested in helping us with the administration of the event. Selected students will be granted a complimentary registration for the conference. Please note that costs related to travels to the conference location and accommodation are the students' responsibility.
Undergraduate and graduate student volunteers will have the opportunity to:
- Attend technical talks by prominent researchers and industry leaders
- Develop lasting peer connections
- Gain understanding of aspects involved in coordination of a large event
When not on duty, student volunteers can attend program sessions, as well as lunches and coffee breaks. If there are specific sessions that a volunteer would particularly like to attend, we invite her/him to let us know, and we will do our best to accommodate the request.
To show our appreciation we invite all volunteers to participate in a closing dinner on the last day of the event.
If you are interested in applying for the Student Volunteer Program, please contact us at info@, and indicate "PASC18 Student Volunteer Program" as subject line. pasc-conference.org
Kindly note that applicants must be available for the majority of the conference and specifically from 08:00 until 13:00 on July 02, 2018.
Please note that this opportunity is available on a first come, first served basis.
We look forward to receiving applications by Tuesday, May 29, 2018!
Requirements & Responsibilities
Volunteers will help with tasks such as:
- Reception desk: welcome, register and provide information to participants
- Direct poster authors to the panels reserved for their posters and serve as point of reference to exhibitors
- Move around microphones for questions in the auditorium
- Assist speakers with technology / provide a general check in the room and be ready to call out for help if needed
- May 29, 2018: Submissions close
- June 19, 2018: Acceptance notifications