Guidelines for Posters
The Platform for Advanced Scientific Computing (PASC) invites poster submissions for PASC18, co-sponsored by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and SIGHPC, which will be held at the Congress Center Basel in Basel, Switzerland, from July 2 to 4, 2018.
PASC18 is the fifth edition of the PASC Conference series, an international platform for the exchange of competences in scientific computing and computational science, with a strong focus on methods, tools, algorithms, application challenges, and novel techniques and usage of high performance computing.
As in previous years, the technical program of PASC18 is organized around eight scientific domains:
- Chemistry and Materials
- Life Sciences
- Climate and Weather
- Solid Earth Dynamics
- Computer Science and Applied Mathematics
- Emerging Application Domains (e.g. Social Sciences, Finance, …)
Poster presentations provide an ideal opportunity for the exchange of ideas and expertise within and between the various computational science domains represented at the conference. Poster submissions should describe topical research related to domain science, applied mathematics, computer science or software engineering. Posters that address aspects emphasizing the close coupling of data and computation in current and future high performance computing applications – as indicated by the theme of PASC18: Fast and Big Data, Fast and Big Computation – are particularly welcome.
Poster presenters will be given the possibility to "pitch" their posters to the conference audience in a rapid-fire flash session before the scheduled poster session. Posters with the most stimulating content will be recognized in an award ceremony on the final day of the conference.
Poster boards are 186 cm tall by 121 cm wide. You may find the data sheet here.
SUBMISSION AND REVIEW PROCESS
The poster submission should include the following information:
- Topic: A title for the poster of no more than 20 words.
- Domain: A primary and (optionally) secondary scientific domain(s)
- Author details: Full names and contact details of author(s).
- Abstract: A description of the work of no more than 200 words. The abstract will be published in the program and should be written to attract those who work directly in the field and in related areas.
Poster submissions should be made through the PASC18 online submission portal, and will be reviewed by domain experts from the PASC18 Scientific Committee.
- 11 February 2018 4 February 2018: Deadline for submissions
- 20 March 2018: Acceptance notifications
- 6 June 2018: Deadline for submission of poster PDF for projection at the poster flash session
Deadlines correspond to anywhere on earth ('AoE' or 'UTC-12′).
We look forward to receiving your submissions.
CONFERENCE PARTICIPATION TERMS
Please note that PASC18 is unable to reimburse the expenses or waive the registration fees for poster presenters.